The COMACCLW Safety Department is lead by the E-2C and C-2A Safety Officers. The Safety
Department provides customer service to assigned aviation squadrons. Additional areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Provide assistance in writing Safety Investigation Reports (SIR) or Aviation Hazard Reports, including a full summary database going back to 1996 of E-2 and C-2 SIR and Hazard reports.
- Administers and awards Quarterly Safety Award (inputs are due the 5th calendar day at the end of each quarter)
- Provides CRM facilitator training and IGS for West Coast squadrons. (IGS & CRM Training Schedule)
- Provides assistance implementing WESS and ESAMS electronic hazard reporting systems for squadrons. WESS and ESAMS will replace message traffic for hazard reporting.
- Provides valuable information regarding Bird Aircraft Strike Hazard
(BASH), program at NBVC
- Represent the West Coast E-2 and C-2 community at the Safety System Working Group (SSWG)
Contact the Safety Officer
805-989-0301 DSN 351-0301